The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Wednesday 6 September 2006

Got the cast for a movie, just need a crew and a story...

One of my third grade classes sounds like the makings of a very interesting movie....We've got Malfoy, Xia, Pooh, Frodo, Ghandi, and Jesus. I kid you not. They pick their own English names, so they tend to go for things they've heard in films. And I still haven't met all of my classes yet, so I fully expect to find a Gandalf, a Darth Vader, and maybe even a Dalai Lama.

Taught by myself for the first time today...it was alright, but I was terrified, and I'll have to think quite hard to come up with things for the students to do without getting bored. As I said, high level of English: in one of my classes today (a class of 14), 5 of them have lived in the US for a year. So they don't sound even remotely Korean when they speak English.

I need to find something to do in my long spare hours too. Need to get to learning Korean. My department has a lot of books that I haven't read yet though, so I can probably get through some of those. As long as I look busy, they don't mind what I do. Fell asleep over a National Geographic earlier....so someone offered me an ice cream!

Today started off gloomy with some light rain, a lot cooler than it has been. But in the last couple of hours, the clouds have cleared, the sun has come out and the sky is now a beautiful blue. And the mountains right outside my window are looking particularly green and spectacular. Hopefully the weather will keep up for tomorrow...we're off to Everland! Fair enough, I have to leave home at 7am and endure a 3 hour bus trip with overly excited teenage Korean girls, but it should be a giggle. Maybe they can teach me Korean bus songs. I'll be tired come Friday evening, I can tell you that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home