The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Friday 8 September 2006

Oh-oh I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien...

Yessirree, as of today, I am indeed a legal alien. So says my Alien Registration Card. Means I can do all the fun stuff, like, you know, open a bank account, get a phone....get paid!

I have no idea where the spider has gone...hoping to someone else's apartment. It hasn't shown its ugly legs since last night, so hopefully my screeching and banging the wall scared it off. Still have to check the whole place every time I come in though, and didn't sleep at all last night! What a silly little fear....but seriously, huge spider!

So, Everland yesterday. We were fortunate - in a week of dull and cooler days, we got a scorcher. (Yes Mum, I had suncream on.) I was with the other two NET teachers all day, with various students at different times. Tried most of the rides, and although it was fun, and amusement parks are always good no matter what size, there wasn't really enough thrill and terror involved! Still a giggle. Went on one of those boat rides, where you go through rapids and waterfalls, but the Koreans cheat! They have plastic covers that come up to your neck! Defeats the purpose really. First time we went, I had the cover on, still got wet. So the other two times we went, no cover. Got even more wet! Other people came off not so bad, me, I got soaked every time! Good job I had chosen trousers that would dry quickly. My shoes however...may still be wet.

The students were amazingly quiet on the bus. I remember school bus trips when I was younger, we made so much noise. This lot are incredibly well-behaved, you would hardly know they were there. They're all so polite as well. It's funny walking around school with a Korean teacher. To the Korean, they bow, say "annyeong haseyo" (hello), then they see me, smile, wave and say "hi Jeni!" They're always eager for a chat, so I can see there will be no such thing as a down day for me this year. The kids just won't allow it.

I'm off to Daegu this evening, just 40 minutes down the road, for the weekend. Last minute decision, so I need to stop writing, get dinner, and get my stuff together! I think I'm addicted to this...blogaholic? Right so, must dash. Have a nice weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home