The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Monday 23 October 2006

A very serious situation

Ladies and gentlemen, I find myself in dire straits. Perhaps the most difficult of situations, the hardest of hardships, some would go so far as to say it is an armageddon level event. But don't panic. I will find a way through this, I will struggle on, it is in my character to overcome all challenges. It will no doubt be a struggle, but I'm sure it will only serve to make me an even stronger person. What is this tragedy I speak of?


I have but one tea bag left.

And it's not even a nice tea bag from home, it's some sort of Earl Grey "flavoured" stuff I got when I first arrived in Korea. But it's the closest thing I have to normal tea. You'd be amazed how difficult it is to get normal tea here. And the tea you do get, Korean herbal teas and fruit teas...they're all granulated! No tea leaves to speak of. Granules. Instant tea. Which goes against all the rules of tea.

I'm not sure how to proceed: should I use my last tea bag today, given that it is cold and windy and I need warmed up; or do I wait until I'm having a really bad day; or do I re-use it until the only flavour left is of the bag itself? Tricky.

I know you will appreciate the depths in which I find myself. All I can hope for is that some kind soul recognises the gravity of this situation, and sends me some proper tea, post haste.

Regular programming will resume shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home