The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Thursday 28 September 2006

My sultry tones become ever more famous

I've just been asked by one of my co-teachers to record a listening comprehension test. He wants students to get used to different accents of English, and he thinks I have a beautiful voice. Anyone that knows me will be aware that I'm used to recording my voice, as I provide a "thought for the day" on Dad's gospel show every Sunday morning. I'm famous in the Tyrone-Fermanagh area for my voice, and I'll soon be famous in the Gumi area also! Maybe there's a career in this...I could do voiceovers for ads, or take over from the movie trailers guy, he must be getting tired...!

Ripping off Char a bit now, but I'm going to start a "Things I'm Currently Loving" thread. Today, these are:
  • Asian pears;
  • aloe vera juice;
  • my weekly treat of B&R chocolate cheesecake ice cream; and
  • being able to walk properly!

Two of my students today, for their culture project, presented a winter vacation travel itinerary for me. It looked great, I want to do everything they suggested! They even did a little dance and introduced it like a TV show. I love these kids, they're so creative!

Still waiting for my visa....fingers crossed everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home