The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Monday 6 November 2006

No escape

I have other things to talk about, but there's something I have to report right now.

There is no escaping Christmas. Not even in Korea, where it's not exactly a huge holiday, and we only get one day off.

Leaving Gwangju yesterday (talk about it some other time) we noticed a department store adorned with a massive stocking, and several Santas climbing a ladder out of it. And just now, I saw an ad for Christmas at Lotte World (which I think is another department store). I know at home we get Christmas ads stupidly early, but I thought here would be different.

To be honest, I don't mind! I love Christmas, and plan on making a big fuss over it this year. Already planning the trees and decorations that I'm going to spread around our office!

And at noraebang the other night, we started the celebrations early, with a little bit of "All I Want For Christmas Is You"! Good ol' Mariah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home