The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Wednesday 30 May 2007

Bring on the rain

I would like to share a soppy emotional memory with you.

It was raining this evening as I left school at half nine. I don't mind the rain here, as it is usually a welcome relief from often horribly muggy weather; it breaks the humidity, and you can be guaranteed to get up the next morning to be greeted by a crystal clear sky.

For a second, as I was walking down the stairs at school, the smell of fresh rain took me back to summer holidays at Rossnowlaugh, on the north-west coast of Ireland (on Irish beach holidays, it inevitably rains four days out of five, and the sunny day is usually the day you go home!) The scent of summer rain brought back warm fuzzy memories, and made me smile the whole way home!


*PS I'm aware of the fact that this is how I should write my blog - update every time I have a thought or a story to tell. That's an awful lot easier said than done, however! Life trundles on, and maybe next week I'll be updating properly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home