The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Tuesday 3 April 2007

Spring is here in all its glory

Spring has arrived here in Korea, and it's like the springs we used to get: changeable, rainy one minute, sunny the next. We had five thunderstorms last week, and it's gotten a little chilly again. But the skies are clear, leaves are appearing on the trees, and the cherry blossoms are out in force.

Well...clear skies except for Sunday, when the view across Daegu was this:



The reason for this gloomy looking "fog"?

Yellow Dust.

It comes across from the deserts of China every spring, coating cars and windows, and forcing even more people to wear face masks than usual.

And yet, today, two days later, this was the view aw I walked home from work:



B-eautiful, innit?


PS I'm aware that it's been a while since I wrote, and I do have quite a lot to catch up on...but honestly, I'm very busy these days! School is taking up most of my time and energy at the minute. And it won't be anytime soon that I do catch up - my dear Mum is coming to visit on Thursday, so I'll be travelling around with her for a while. Yay!

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon of the Gordons said...

jeni!! why not much updating? too busy? did you enjoy mammys visit? and why have you not added my blog to your list of links? why jeni, why?

April 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I whole heartedly agree with Simon - why have you not updated? I know of 4 or 5 regular readers of your Blog who are having to watch Eastenders and home and away instead. Why just this evening Jill and Aaron cornered me in Asda with questions such as - "Is Jeni OK?" "Has her computer crashed again?"
So, come on, we're all waiting for an update on your travels with Mum

April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home