The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Sunday 27 May 2007

Apologies for the delay...

Greetings all my lovely devoted readers (all 4 of you!)

I know you are all waiting with bated breath for the next instalment of my blog, but I apologise sincerely for this will not be it. I know I can make all the excuses in the world, but nobody will accept them. But quite genuinely, I've been working 13 hour days, and then heading off every Friday afternoon for travels, and not returning until Sunday night; and then doing the whole thing all over again! I actually ended up ill for a couple of weeks because I've been going flat out - basically a very nasty cold, that was very difficult to shift, even after I'd been to a doctor and they gave me these five - yes FIVE - pills to take:





And there's no sign of it letting up. But fingers crossed, I'll get some updating squeezed in somewhere. Although I'm going to blame Mum also for the delay - I'm boycotting my updates until she sends me the photos from her camera from her visit! So if you want an update, go hassle my mother!

What I've been up to since the last update: there was Mum's visit, I've gone hiking and boat tripping in Busan, the boy Jonny came to visit for a few weeks - so it was some extra travelling for me - the Gwangju Two had a weekend birthday bash, I've seen pretty lanterns in Seoul, Buddha had a birthday, school had a dance and a sports day, and I've been to a Korean wedding. See, lots to look forward to...when I finally get updated!

Oh, I've also booked a trip to North Korea in August, and for those who don't know yet, I'm coming back home to start a Masters at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London. So it's all go, really!

But to tie you over until a proper update, here's a video and there's one below, from my school's sports day last week: while the athletes were competing, their classmates cheered them on through organised chants and songs, and it's great to watch. Did also want to show you a video of one of their dance performances, but the file is too big - boo.





And here's a photographic taster:




Oh, also in the last week, I've got myself a new pet! Well...not really. I bought a Nintendo DS - a nifty little portable games console (that's pink). I know, I'm turning into my brothers, but it is great fun - and I've now got MarioKart in portable form, so that makes it the best thing ever. I also have a game called Nintendogs, in which you raise and train a puppy. So my new pet is called Ping, and she's a chocolate lab. Hey, it's the closest thing I'm going to have to a real pet for a long time yet! And look - isn't she adorable?:



But until I get blogging again, I hope you are all safe and well and enjoying life, wherever you may be. I have much to tell you, and I promise, it will be interesting. Bear with me. Ta ta for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home