The Kimchi Chronicles: The London Years

Jen's slightly less exciting post-Korea life: living, studying and working in London.

Thursday 14 September 2006

Much ado...

Forgot to say this earlier. I'm getting quite embarrassed by the fuss being made over me because of my current uselessness. Yesterday I was driven to the cafeteria...it's about 200 metres from the office. But it's up a couple of steep hills, so the teachers insisted I be driven. And when I have to go to the hospital - despite my protestations that I can get a taxi - someone drives me (there's a note on the board of our office asking for volunteers - how humiliating!) I feel like a massive inconvenience to them all - they asked for an English teacher, not a burden!

But perhaps the funniest allowance being made for me is that my landlord - who only found out yesterday that I had hurt my ankle - now insists on driving me to school, until I'm better! Very nice of him, but I do feel so embarrassed.

Oh, and I did use my ankle as an excuse to get out of singing in front of a class yesterday - I said it had affected my voice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home